Let's put things in perspective...

If there is one thing I have learnt during my life, it is perspective. What is important vs. what isn't.

In my line of work, I have to deal with a lot of the latter. Complaints and negativity about things that, in the grand scheme of things, are far from important.


"The coffee isn't filling to the top."

"You don't have the right salmon."

"I have to pay 5p for a bag??"

But, you then read stories about people who having to care 24/7 for family members who can't function on their own, or families struggling for food due to lack of income, and it makes you think... Why?

Why are you moaning when clearly everything has seemingly worked out for you.

If you're only complaints in life are about the size of milk on offer, then life has dealt you a good hand. 

A story came out of my home town the other day about a set of parents who are struggling to look after their daughter after cuts and lack of help from the council, and it made me really think that you don't know what people are suffering with.

No matter how happy their exterior is, no one can truly know what someone else is feeling or going through. And these people don't sweat the small stuff. Something doesn't come their way? Fine, we'll get over it.

Unfortunately, this kind of thing has made me feel very unsympathetic towards some people. There are a lot bigger problems than someone's shopping not been 100% perfect.

So, I guess to finish this, take other people's perspective into consideration, and it may make us all a little bit happier.

What are your thoughts? Share and comment.

You can read my other blogs at FeedTheSport and ScriptEye here.

Comments

Popular Posts